Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jumping in Head First

Well, here it is. My first blog post. My friend Tracey (who totally rocks, by the way) has been not-so-gently nudging me about starting this for awhile now. What will I be writing about? My plan is to use this as a way to document my sewing and crafting projects. And whatever else may strike my fancy.

I've started my own "shop" on Etsy: http://www.itssewsweet.etsy.com/ It's been a few months now, and I've made some sales, mainly to friends and family. But yesterday I receive my first "stranger" order! Excitement! She is ordering one of my custom "4th of July Picnic" dresses, shown here on my daughter:

It is a great halter-style dress and has a cute, vintage-inspired "4th of July Picnic" print as accents. And an outfit is just not complete without matching accessories:

The other bonus about this order...she has twin girls, so she is ordering two dresses! Since she doesn't like to dress them identically, the main fabric of the other dress will be a light-weight denim, with the 4th of July Picnic fabric accents. This will be too cute!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first "stranger" sale!! The dress looks really cute!