Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth

This year we will be joining thousands (millions, maybe?) of other middle class American families and spending our economic stimulus check on a Disneyland vacation. We're just doing our part to help fuel the economy, right? That's what we're telling ourselves anyway.

We have taken our kids to Disneyland once before, when my son was 3 1/2 and my daughter was barely 1. Last time they were too young to really want to spend time stalking all the characters for autographs. Well, this time they are 6 1/2 and almost four, and want to do it.

I thought it would be nice to have autograph books before we get there, that way we are ready to collect signatures as soon as we hit the park without having to purchase a book first. After looking around on the Internet, I found that different books were available anywhere from $10 to $20, depending on how nice of a book you wanted. Being the cheap crafty mom that I am, I thought: "I can make them!"

I hit the craft store, and after picking up two small artist sketchbooks, some ribbon, and a few stickers, this is what I managed to come up with:



I think they turned out great! They are the perfect size, they are one-of-a-kind, and best of all, they only ended up costing about $6 each!

Hopefully my kids will enjoy filling them with autographs....I know I will enjoy all the great memories that go along with each one!

No comments: