Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let's Hear It For the Boys!

Everyone that knows me well knows that I prefer to sew clothing for girls. Who doesn't?! I mean, there's so many more choices of patterns, fabrics, etc for girls. And girls can wear ruffles....I ♥ ♥ ♥ ruffles!

So over the past year, I've focused on sewing for little girls. Time for a change! Little boys need cute, handmade outfits too, right? Right!

With the holiday season right around the corner, I decided to make something festive that a toddler boy could wear. I pulled out my favorite elastic-waist pants pattern and put on my thinking cap.


When I think of making little boys pants, I immediately think "corduroy." And luckily, I have some great, buttery soft corduroy in my "stash."


But the pants needed something more. I decided to add a wide cuff in a cute holiday fabric.



Then I took white, long-sleeved, cotton shirts (purchased on clearance from Target!) and made a coordinating applique.



And what do you know...a cute holiday outfit for a little boy!



And do you know what? I had fun making this outfit. Sure, there's no ruffles....but it's still cute!

I have two of these outfits available in my shop right now, Size 18 months and Size 24 months.


And while you're looking, check out my other holiday outfits here and here!

No comments: