Monday, November 3, 2008

Because I'm Just Not Busy Enough.....

My friend Tracey (who creates wonderful handbags, totes, and other accessories) decided that she needed a little extra motivation to get some projects finished....both personal projects and items for her website. So she issued herself a public "Bag-a-day" Challenge....she is going to create something new each day this week and post it on her blog. And she challenged her readers to do the same.



And because I have tons of free time (insert sarcastic eye-rolling here), I thought what the hell...I join her. Besides, we can commiserate together as we frantically scramble to finish something each day.



So each day this week I will be making and posting something new. It may be something for my shop, or it may just be an unfinished project that is lingering in my sewing room (and trust me, there are many!).



Today, Monday November 3, is DAY ONE, and this is what I made today:





This adorable little tote and matching headband is made with the Alexander Henry "Apples & Pears" print, along with a cute pink courduroy and a brown twill. The opposite side of the bag has the print with the brown, divided again by the red satin ribbon. The interior is lined with white cotton broadcloth.

I actually made this accessory set to go with this, which I made last Friday:




This set is available now in my Etsy shop in sizes 2, 3/4, or 5/6.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW LISTING!



Check back tomorrow to see what I manage to finish!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome job Jenn! I love the entire set!!
And yes, we can commiserate together for sure! I'm already stressing about Tuesday's project! LOL

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

VERY cute! That's a fun set.